10/25/12

Oh the Place You WIll Go: Maine

I am really looking forward to going to another state I've never been to this weekend.

Here are some fun(ny) facts about Maine...

Maine is most popular for... Lobster and harvests the majority of the lobster in the US. *And I plan on partaking of this myself...lots of it!

More blueberries are grown in Maine than any other state. The State Berry is the Wild Blueberry. *Blueberries are one of my top 5 favorite fruits. Yum!

Whale watching is a popular Maine attraction as are alpine and cross country skiing and white water rafting. *I wish I had time to participate in each of these events.

LighthouseMaine has 63 lighthouses. *I have never seen a real lighthouse (remember I dressed up like one, that doesn't count). I hope I can pull this off while I'm there. Sigh!

Here are some funny laws:

You may not step out of a plane in flight. *Plans, ruined.

To stroll down the street playing a violin is against the law. *How lame is that!

It is illegal to park in front of Dunkin Donuts. *That must make sales interesting.

Deer may not be fed. *Poor deer. :(

Hope everyone is enjoying their "fall" weather! :)

No comments: