3/25/13

Over the Heel: Shoe's for All

My 30th birthday is just around the corner, it's hard to believe it! So when thinking about what I wanted to do to celebrate this milestone birthday, I thought what better way to celebrate than with shoes! I know NONE of you who read this blog are shocked, shoes are one of my most favorite things.
Photo: Life is better with a new pair of shoes.

So this weekend, Saturday March 30 my mom and sister are throwing me a shoe bash! I hope any of my friends who will be in Salt Lake this weekend will join us, email me, if you need details. I would be THRILLED to see some of my friends I have not seen in years! :)

Photo
Picture: Hot pink high heel shoe invite my mom made for the party. So cute.

HOWEVER, for those of you who can't join the party, there is a way you can help me celebrate...

One of the things I wanted to be sure was a part of my 30th b-day was that I would be able to give-back in some way. In my 30 years of life LOTS of people have stepped up and given me things, love, support, guidance...you name it I've been on the receiving end. SO for this birthday I wanted to do something for someone else.

SO I am asking all my party guests, and honorary party guests who can't make it in person,  to donate a pair of shoes to be given to a local women's shelter. My goal is to collect/donate 30 pairs of shoes in honor of my 30th birthday.

Here's a few ways you can make it happen:

1. Come to the party and bring a NEW pair of women's shoes to donate.
2. If you can't make the party but live in Salt Lake, take a pair of shoes to my mom's house or give them to Ambree or DIane at the dance studio this week!
3. Ship a pair of shoes to me to donate, email me for my address.
4. Make a donation to the Atkinson Action Fund online through PayPal and write "shoes" in the comment box.
5. Buy a pair of shoes and donate them to a local shelter in your area, BUT take a picture and post it ot my personal Facebook page or the Slate and Stylish Facebook page (so I can count your donation in my tally).

EVERY women deserves a cute pair of shoes. In my opinion, shoes can change the whole way you look and feel about yourself.

Let's make it happen, 30 pairs of shoes for my 30th birthday!
Quote: Give a girl the right shoes and she can conquer the world.


No comments: