On March 4, 2012 GQ and I celebrated our 1st anniversary. I smile at this because it seems like it's been much longer (in a good way). When we got married it felt like nothing had changed, it was such a natural process (although lots did change). I thought it might be fun for me, and maybe even you, to hear some little-known facts about us. Many of these in which I discovered once we were married. I also added some pictures of us from our first year married...
1. GQ and I always, always share our favorite part of the day with each other, always, every night! We've done this pretty much since we started dating but I love the ritual and hope to keep it going for forever...
2. We have a park. It's not really our park but we claim the little park on Georgia street as our own. We go there often (at night) to swing on "our" swings. If one of us is having a bad day, we go there to melt away our troubles. GQ took me to this park when we were dating and we've never stopped going. I love it!
3. GQ and I are funny. Most people who hang out with us end up laughing a lot. We argue a lot but rarely about anything serious. It's almost like a game for us and we always end up laughing. We laugh A LOT in our marriage which I think is VERY important.
4. We love going grocery shopping together. I know most people hate grocery shopping but it's something we actually really enjoy doing together. We have a lot of fun arguing over whether Little Debbie snacks really need to be added to the cart. Which of course I always believe they do...
5. We love to travel. We take at least 3 or 4 LONG road trips a year. We drive to Utah every year for Christmas, that's 24 hours in a car together and we still like each other for most of that time! :)
6. We spend a lot of time apart. This isn't exactly something I love but we make it work. GQ is in the Army and I travel frequently for work. We're lucky to have one weekend a month together. It's tough but we always try to make our time together well spent.
7. Lucas got a job in St. George, Utah and we are moving there this summer! Surprise!
8. We are excited about the move. Lucas got a job as a wildness therapist, you can read more about it here at Second Nature Entrada. It's his DREAM job and could not be more perfect for him.
10. We are also sad about leaving Ruston and all our amazing family, friends, co-workers, church groups, etc. We have made so many fabulous memories here in Ruston.
Now we'll see who really reads all they way through my blog! ;)
I must end by saying that I simply adore my husband. I have NEVER been happier in all my life. He is such a sweet, loving, funny, happy, optimistic, energetic, fun-loving, HANDSOME man and I'm so blessed to have him in my life.
WE'RE MOVING TO UTAH!!!!!!!