2/8/08

Mardi Gras Green...



What I learned at Mardi Gras...

M = Mounds and mounds of beeds! I learned that they will throw just about anything out of a Mardi Gras float. I got hit by the following:
Cups
Glitter
Bubbles
Moon Pies (seriously)
Stuffed crawfish
Coconuts

A = Alcohol consumption caused people to do some pretty stupid things. (There will be no examples listed here to protect the reader.

R = Reality is...If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...it may NOT be a duck!

D = Drag queens can really mess with a blind person! Word of advice...check the sign on the bathroom door before you go in. Some things don't appear as they are (refer to the letter "R")

I = Invisible clothing, pregnant nuns, jolly green giants, scantly clad Dorothy's and walking, talking pork chops are not unusual on Bourbon Street.

G = Gumbo, jambalaya, red beans and rice on on every menu. Oh and for you health fanatics...everything is deep fried! Get yourself some deep fried alligator, brownies, crawfish, pickles, corn, cheetoes, hot dogs, sushi or my favorite...Beniette's (deed fried donuts.

R = Rock music pales in comparison to some good ole smooth Jazz. The music is the best there is and it's everywhere!

A = Art is a key part of the whole shibang! Beautiful masks, floats, body paint, art shows and more. The masks are my favorite...makes you feel mysterious!

S = Sight is not over-rated! The final lesson I learned is...there's perks to being blind...really! :)

3 comments:

Nika, Travis, Ayda and Zander said...

I love that you listed the things you got hit with! I also love that drag queens play tricks on blind people. You are the greatest! Love you!

SassaFrass Photography said...

Sounds like an adventure!!!! A little bit of a scary adventure!

Happy Holmes said...

You get the adventurous award! Sounds like a wild, crazy, and very fun time! PS.. I hear you have to do some flashing to get those beads... hmmmm:) :) Didn't you say you had a lot?? LOL!