10/18/11

Some of my favorite things...

I recently have been doing some  serious research on beauty products. I have been trying stuff out like crazy. So I thought I'd share with you some of my favorite beauty items (and some healthy snacks--which in turn make your beautiful I suppose). So here goes, my S&S stamp of approval...

1. Burt's Bees tinted chapstick. I am a HUGE lover of Burt's Bee's products in general. This Burt's Bees Tinted chapstick (the Plum is my fave) keeps your lips moist and gives it a sublte or serious touch of color. And it's not all that expensive.


Since moving to the south my skin has been a wreck! You'd think moving from Utah (where it's so dry it sucks all the moisture out of you) to Louisiana (where I have to swim to work practically) you'd think my skin would love it! But it hasn't it hates it really. I tried so many expensive body lotions (I could have bought like 3 pairs of new shoes for all the money I spent) and nothing seemed to work. So I started doing my research and found out the answer was right in front of my face...


 Vaseline Cocoa Butter Deep Conditioning lotion has been my HERO. I love the cocoa smell and my skin has made a complete tranformation. I mean seruiously who knew. And this large bottle of lotion costs about $3 in the store. Hello, wonderful!

I have been trying SO HARD to make some small changes in my diet so that I can be a little healthier. Now I LOVE chocolate and am NOT willing to delete it from diet, ever! So I found these wonderful little treats...
 Blue Diamond Oven Roasted Dark Chocolate Almonds. Before you anti-dark-chocolate people just surpass this. I have never been a dark chocolate fan UNTIL NOW! These things are deliciously amazing. It's the perfect cure for a sweet tooth and actually quite good for you. I'm telling you this is a MUST TRY!

Back to must haves. I am recently a humungo fan for patterned tights. I am strange in that I"ve actually always loved wearing tights. I think they're comfortable, weird right. But lately I started buying tights with patterns, flowers, dots, striped, zig zaps you name the design and color and I most likely have it in my drawer. They are pretty inexpensive but add so much PIZAZZ to an outfit. I am loving fall that I get to wear these more often.


Back to crazy skin. My face has also been a mess since moving to the humid south. It's dry and zitty and well, gross. THEN I found something fantastic! I'm serious for less than $5 I tried St. Ives Collagen Elastin Facial Moisturizer and I am SO IN LOVE! It comes in a large container that will seriously last you forever, it's so inexpensive and my skin on my face has made a complete turn-around, it's amazing. I try to use it at night and when I wake up and I can't even begin to tell you how much I adore this product.

Back to snacks. You know I can't leave food for that long. I have had a recent love affair with cheese, pepperjack cheese to be exact. It seriously satisfys my "I-need-something-ubber-salty" phases. I keep some diced up in my fridge and I love this snack!


Eye shadow. I have had a helluva time trying to find eye shadow I like. I'm not picky but I hate it when it's all chalky on my eyes, yuck. So my search for CHEAP eye shadow came to pass...

photo
I have fallen head over heels for Loreal Hip Eye Shadow. It's so creamy and rich and I simply love the color pallettes. A lot of people have compared to Mac eye shadow (which is far more expensive). I am a huge fan of Loreal Hip! Good find!

So there are a few of my recent favorite finds. Maybe something will be useful to you! :)

No comments: