1/9/11

Magic Swings and Mood Swings

I have to admit that I am glad to have my blog back!

Not that I didn't completely love doing the charity contest, I'm super excited about it (more to come on this later), but I have a lot to say (of course) and  so I missed my little writing forum (at least for my own sanity).

I have got to spend an ENTIRE weekend at home with myself. This hasn't happened it a good while for me. I did NOTHING but think and write and eat and nap and watch football and paint my nails and it has been WONDERFUL! I love time to think, but it's weird because I become a little emotionally unstable when I start spending all day thinking, it's weird, but I enjoy it.

I was thinking about my life right now...

(rewind a little with me) So Thursday night, I just got out of my Zumba class sweaty and tired and just worn out from a super busy day of work and teaching and wedding preperation, etc (poor, poor me right!?!). I was just ready for a shower and bed! Well my sweet GQ had something else in mind. He took me to "our park" yes, we have a park. We go there when life gets busy, or we need to talk, or we need a break, or just because, we love our little park on Georgia street.

I wasn't really feeling up to our swings but I haven't been up for going to the park  a whole lot lately because I let myself get way too stressed. But we swung and talked and I stared at the sky and I relaxed. It's seriously like a magical swing because it ALWAYS brings me back down to earth and refocuses me. I love my GQ for always, always seeing when I need to go there, he must know the swing's magical as well. :)

This last time on my swing, I felt this over-whelming feeling.  I, for the first time in my life, feel like I'm exactly where I'm supposed to be. I feel like I'm becoming exactly what I was meant to become (with a lot of work still to be done).

I have waited a long time for this feeling!

The road has been rough and long and hard at times I just wanted it all to be over, I was done and I was willing to do anything to get out of it. That was an extremely dark period of my life, one I hope to never return to. But I'm so glad I didn't "get out of it!" That I get to be here and be able to look back and see where I've come from and now live the life I've dreamed of.

Everything is coming together when just a little over a year ago I thought everything was so shattered that it couldn't be fixed. I know some of my friends are in this dark place right now, the place I was where they feel hopeless and lost and it makes me emotional to just hear and see their pain, cause I've been there, very recently. But I just want these people to hang on a little longer because when this storm passes, well, I can't explain it but you'll see soon enough, it MAGNIFICENT!

Just hang on and go find your magical swing...I hear there's one in every town!

3 comments:

Dance Biz said...

PLEASE MAKE SURE THIS GETS OUT TO PEOPLE. I DO BELIEVE IT IS THE MAGICAL WORDS THAT COULD HELP SOME MAKE IT THROUGH SOME VERY DIFFICULT MOMENT.
I BELIEVE IN THE MAGICAL SWING. I HAVE A MAGICAL POND.
I LOVE YOU!
MOM

Brandie B. said...

Thank you for this post Dej! I really needed it. I love you so much and you are a wonderful example to me! thank you for being apart of my life, and to call you my friend!! I am so happy for you!!!

Daisy said...

I love the pictures of unique swings! A magical swing is something everyone should have. Right now I feel like the snow is magic.