12/2/09

Rock That Cane

So I've notices recently (and not so recently) that some blind people struggle with the idea of using a cane.

For whatever reason, whether it's standing out and not fitting in, or looking like a "blind person," or looking weird, whatever the reason, it's a problem for a lot of my students (and this included myself at one point).

But then I realized...some of the most awesomest people/icons I know use canes! Awesomeness at its finest, like Pink Panther...
...totally makes the cane look wicked cool!

And I have to tell you, I think this may be the sexiest cane user ever...I love House...seriously brings sexy back to cane usage....

And while she is not blind herself...she looks dang good using her cane in the movie, "The Eye." Jessica Alba looks divine with her slender white cane...

and let's face it, cane usage and it's coolness go waaaaaayyyy back...
Fred Astaire certainly knows how to carry a cane with class!
And I have no clue who these guys are but look how ridiculously fabulous they look with canes...
And when I say canes go waaaayyyy back, I'm not joking! Check out Moses and his totally awesomely awesome cane...which can part a sea people...

And if you're not blind and can't find a reason to use a cane, bummer for you, but you could dress up like one...
...quite festive!
And don't forget what a fashion statement a cane can make...match it to your shoes and you're flat out rockin' the cane look!
Rock that Zebra print cane!!!
So what I'm trying to say is, don't be ashamed of using a cane because some of the most awesomest people ever have used canes and looked good doing it!
So flaunt that cane...everyone will wish they could look as good as you! *wink*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This post is awesome! Megan and Adam want to make and sell t-shirts that have little witty sayings that will get the point across when general peeps like to stare or ask obnoxious questions. They giggle when someone refers to their cane as a stick. "Hey, why do you carry that stick around?"

Anonymous said...

I must digg your article therefore more people are able to look at it, very useful, I had a hard time finding the results searching on the web, thanks.

- Norman