4/19/08

Give Me Some Brown Sugar...


So folks, this is as close to a pet I will probably ever have (not an animal lover...I know I'm an awful person). This is Troy, he is a piggy bank, yes a piggy bank; I just turned 25 and have a piggy bank!?! This is a special one though...this is where I am collecting money to go to a Pittsburgh Steelers football game. It was always my dad's dream to go so now, as a big fan myself, I am saving to take a trip to Pittsburgh in the next couple of years.

Some of you have posted blogs about why you named your kid what you did...well as pathetic as it is this is why Troy is Troy. Troy Polamalu was my dad and I's favorite player so it seemed fitting (I bet Palamalu would be so proud!)

Troy puts a big smile on my face when I see him and he gives me something to reach for (this will have to do until I have real kids of my own).

P.S. Today is Troy Palamalu's birthday--so Happy Birthday Troy (and Troy Jr.)

3 comments:

Julie said...

I think it's cute you named the pick after your dad's favorite player!

SassaFrass Photography said...

Way Cute!!! I hope you're able to go soon, that would be an awesome experience!!!

Darren and Dianne said...

Hey, my brother-in-law is a HUGE steelers fan also!! That would be awesome for you to go to a game. Love the cute piggy :)