3/2/08

Blue Without You...




Dear Dad,

Today (March 4th) would be your 46th birthday and it's hard to believe this is the second birthday we've celebrated without you. You know how much I miss you and how many times I've dialed your cell phone number to tell you something I think you'd like to hear. I dream about you, think about you and pray to you daily...you know not a day goes by I don't think of you. Happy Birthday Dad!

Here are 8 things I miss about you (in honor of it being 200-8).

1. I miss how you would try to sing in the truck on our way to and from Logan and I'd turn up the radio really loud to try and drowned you out...you where a terrible singer dad--hope that's improved! :)

2. I miss you teasing me about my big nose...that by-the-way I got from you! You always pointed out how I got it from you and I was so ticked that you passed along that gene to me...I've forgiven you though.

3. I miss watching the Steelers games with you, especially that one, you know the one where WE WON THE SUPER BOWL! YA, BABY!

4. I miss how you never said a single bad word about anyone in the whole 24 years I knew you...I'm still working on that one!

5. I miss that you would french braid Ambree and I's hair before school just to help mom out...you where actually quite good at it...better than the singing that's for sure.

6. I miss going to the church with you on Tuesday nights for church ball...I was always so proud you were my dad because you were never yelling at the other guys, or causing fights or swearing a lot! (Man, church ball is scary!)

7. I miss watching you with people--you had a genuine love and understanding for people like I'd never seen in anyone. You had a love for people that was most Christ-like...and boy did people love you!

8. I miss just picking up the phone and calling you to hear your voice...just hearing you always made me feel better.

I could go on and on but just know I love you and miss you! Happy Birthday Dad!

Love,

Your Deja Marie

3 comments:

Nika, Travis, Ayda and Zander said...

What a sweet tribute to your dad, I am sure he is watching over you and I know he is VERY proud of all that you are doing. Love you!

SassaFrass Photography said...

I'm sure your Dad is so proud of you Deja, it's unfortunate that some of the greatest people are taken so early. You are so sweet!

christa powell said...

Congratulations on your 4.0. It seems you got your Dad's brains as well as his nose, maybe the two go hand-in-hand. Thinking of and praying for you. I know for sure that your Dad is always with you and watching over you. He is soooo proud of you. Peace, happiness and love to you always. Love Aunt Chris